This is a super basic outline, to be fleshed out, and not a proper adventure log. But I wanted to write this down while I was thinking about it, so people can add to it or whatever.
1) Adventurers meet up in town, decide to further investigate mysterious “discharge lake”
2) Ambushed by orc scouting party while traveling to lake
- Orcs defeated, no problems, everything is awesome
- Astor gets some shields
- Xeno loots a necklace made of various animal teeth and adorns it
3) Arrive at lake, no way to cross. Oops.
4) Thistle turns into majestic golden eagle, flies across, retrieves boat
- Spooked by guardian golem from awakened tomb.
-— Oops we awoke the tomb / ruins
5) Thistle takes boat back, but gets stranded in the middle of the lake because no oars
- We sort this out, eventually, at the cost of ruining some rope
6) Orcs show up
7) Astor stands defense while party boards boat
8) Still no oars
9) Orcs start shooting arrows at us
10) Astor blocks with one shield, Rook rows with other
11) Party arrives on island, orcs stop shooting
12) Golem comes out, we sneak attack it and murder it
- this won’t be a problem later
13) Party descends into ruins, camps, spellcasters recuperate, Rook and Thistle explore
14) Party finds secret doors, goes through west door
- actually a portal to a different place, not just a door
15) Beautiful jungle garden, lots of rare, unusual, valuable plants. Unclear purpose.
16) Party gets attacked by leopard, scares it off, decides we’re done for now, leaves
17) Party investigates east door, finds halflings playing poker
18) Party attempts to parley, gets silenced, threatens halflings, gets un-silenced
19) We learn that the halflings are wizards who are sealing away a Lord of Chaos in this tomb.
- this is fine
20) Astor convinces one of the halflings to go fix his wards / runes to protect the lake, he does so
21) Ceiling collapses, party helps halflings get out of the way
22) Xeno tries to steal poker stakes (money, flowers), gets seen by Ophelia (lead halfling wizard), gets cursed, dies
23) Xeno attempts to thwart death by contacting his own spirit with speak with dead, to use necromatic recursion to cause a stack overflow on reality itself. The whole party attempts to assist him with no success.
- unfortunately, this works, but he asks a rhetorical question immediately, which satisfies the criteria and unwinds the stack, killing him forever.
- Astor loots the necklace off Xeno. We are still unsure if this was a good idea…
24) Party is in the garden again, what to do next?